Monday, February 06, 2006

Horns, are you sure?

Driving east up hill, I get in the far left lane to make a left turn, waiting for west bound traffic to pass. Two vehicles on my right blow their horns as they pass me. I think they are blowing their horns at me. Maybe my directional lights aren't working. But it's the front one that doesn't work. I see nothing wrong with what I did. I think they are angry at me, but I don't know what I did.

I drive my sister-in-law's mother back to her nursing home. There are hardly any cars parked in the lot. I stop the car by the main door to figure out which door to use. There is space to pass me. The Cadillac behind me is blowing his horn. Here I am in an empty parking lot at a nursing home and someone is blowing his horn. I think he is blowing his horn cause there is something wrong with him and he is angry at me for being in his way. I turn quickly into the handicapped space closest to me, just to get out of the way. The Cadillac pulls in right next to me. Just one guy in the driver's seat. He doesn't get out.I get her walker out and we walk to the first door we see. He yells out his car window that I am at the wrong door in an angry voice. We figured that out also before he yelled, when the door wouldn't open. I feel attacked by these people and these situations and my body suffers it.

Am I sure what was going on with these people? No, maybe the two vehicles going up the hill and passing me were friends saying hi to each other. Maybe they are angry at me for blocking the "fast" passing lane. Maybe the guy in the Cadillac's mom just died and he hates to go in. Maybe he was experiencing physical pain. Maybe the Cadillac guy thinks this too is a fast lane he is in and I am keeping him from hurrying. Even though he never got out of the car the whole time it took us to walk to the farther door. I don't know what is going on with these people when they blow their horns. A horn is a horn is a horn. A bell of mindfulness. Breathing in, I relax. Breathing out, I am calm.

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-T!!!!!


Road Rage Warrior

I am a very simple person.
I don't let anyone take advantage of me
I have been very hurt by others so I have become vicious.
Attack first, ask questions later
I have to fight my way to work every mornng because my life is war.
Wherever I go people want to fight me and I don't know why.
I don't have many friends and I don't know why...but who needs em.
You are NOT going to get in my space and I will probably get yours
I am on the road alot and let me tell you, there are lots of idiots out there.

(Road Rage Warrior will probably live until he is 57 but no one is going to take advantage of him.)

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Pebble said...

Thanks for commenting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home